This is your opportunity to strut your stuff – and your chickens’ .
Be one of 12 featured coops in this beautifully photographed treasure
of unique coops and their feathered inhabitants.
Email your coop pics to: email@example.com
Submit 3 to 6 digital snapshots (500MB or smaller) of your backyard bird sanctuary to Amber Lotus at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accepted Entries will:
• Enjoy a professional photography shoot of their coop and hens
• Be featured in the calendar
• Receive a print quality portrait of their coop for personal use
• Be awarded with six copies of the 12″ x 12″ calendar featuring their coop
Featured coop owners agree to:
• Be available for a two-hour professional photo shoot in late July or early August
• Provide a clean, fresh coop on the day of the shoot
• Provide a short statement about their coop and hens
Visit our 2014 Calendar to see what we’ve featured in the past.
2015 City Chickens and their Coops
Here is a preview of what’s coming next year:
All our featured coops are photographed by Susan Seubert.
2015 City Chickens & their Coops wall calendar – The Dr. Seuss–inspired Coop provides ample opportunity for its ladies to lay green eggs (without the ham). Designed and built by Ken Gates.
2015 City Chickens & their Coops wall calendar – February Coop – The Li’l Red Barn Coop is a little bit of country in the city.
2015 City Chickens & their Coops wall calendar – July Coop – The Williamson – Smith Coop is a townhouse-style palace complete with all the chicken kitsch
you could want.
2015 City Chickens & their Coops wall calendar – November Coop – Inspired by surplus building materials and salvaged windows, this coop came to life as the best birthday present ever.
2015 City Chickens & their Coops wall calendar – December Coop – The FurZohn Hen House: Inspired by a pile of remnant shingles, a random stained-glass window,
and a bit of tin roof, this coop embodies the obsession with repurposing so popular in Portland, Oregon.