There’s nothing quite like the fresh, sweet and sparkling energy of an orange! As you peel, inhale and eat the fruit, you can literally feel the sheng chi (bright, auspicious and uplifting yang energy) harmonizing your energy and mood. You just feel HAPPY!
In Cantonese, the word for orange is kum which is also a homonym for “gold.” Oranges, as well as mandarins and kumquats, symbolize gold and abundance in Feng Shui and during the Chinese New Year, you’ll find an abundance of these in decor (such as placing red envelopes on kumquat trees), gift giving and ceremonies (such as rolling a cascade of oranges, coins and gold ingots through the front door).
Adjusting our personal energy as well as our living and working spaces with orange is quite simple yet profoundly effective.
In BTB Feng Shui, we use orange in very special adjustments and ceremonies for everything from insomnia to giving birth to going through a remodel to lament to grand openings for businesses to driving in a car to receiving bad news on the phone to recovering from illness to safety and protection when going to a funeral, hospital, police station, cemetery or horrific events.
I personally find when clearing predecessor chi or any draining, negative and inauspicious energies; increasing auspicious luck; or when creating a fresh start, blessing a space or compensating for known or unknown Feng Shui problems, orange is just THE BEST! That’s why I love love love performing the Orange Peel Blessing Ceremony, Burning Chen Pi and often recommend the Orange Peel Baths.
Here are some simple yet powerful ways to use orange to get you going:
- Here’s a quick and easy spray to uplift you and your spaces. Place 9 round orange peels or 27 drops of pure organic essential oil into a spray bottle with fresh, filtered water. Shake vigorously then spritz.
- For insomnia, place 9 fresh orange peels beneath your pillow and toss in the morning.
- Carry 9 pieces of fresh round orange peels with you in the car and dispose at the end of the day.
- Rub an orange peel on the phone after receiving bad news.
- For restoring your personal energy, perform the Cure by Sense of Smell. Place 9 fresh oranges in your bedroom. Every day before going to bed OR after getting up, peel open an orange and do the Three Secret Reinforcements. Visualize the fragrance of the orange along with its auspicious chi, filling the entire room. Try to keep the orange peel as intact as possible and keep it in the room either on a table or in a drawer. Do this every day for 9 days. Then all 9 sets of orange peels can be disposed.
- For clearing negative energies and increasing good luck, burn Chen Pi (dried mandarin peel) on a White Plate.
Gwynne Allyn Warner is the founder of 10,000 Blessings Feng Shui and practices Black Sect Tantric Buddhist Feng Shui as a disciple of Grandmaster Professor Lin Yun. She was certified as an Advanced Feng Shui Consultant by Helen and James Jay of Feng Shui Designs. Gwynne began her studies in Buddhism in her early twenties while living in London where she became enamored with Kuan Yin and thereafter received her Bodhisattva Vows with His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Her expertise has been treasured by creative small businesses, service professionals, performing artists, Chinese medicine practitioners, healers, and interior designers among others. For more information and to sign up for her newsletter, please visit her website.
2017 Calendars Now Shipping