Late Summer is the season of abundant harvest associated with the Chinese element of Earth, bringing tidings of grounded, nurturing, peaceful and compassionate chi. The Earth element encourages us to nurture ourselves and others as well as create the most loving, supportive, stable, sustainable and peaceful home and life that we can live.
In our bodies, it’s related to the stomach, spleen and pancreas. In our physical spaces, it’s related to the center of the Bagua, known as the Tai Chi or Health Gua, as well as the Relationship Gua (Kun).
When earth is balanced inside of us and our homes, we feel grounded, stable and calm and enjoy loyal, reliable and compassionate relationships. Our romantic partnerships, career, business and children feel stable.
When the Earth element is out of balance we may feel insecure, lonely, listless, anxious or worried. We might be apathetic, sluggish, bored, stuck, inert, or lethargic. Or overprotective or smothering in our relationships. Or perhaps too accommodating, trying to be all things to all people.
Here are some easy and simple ways to support you getting grounded, rooted and earthed!
- Use gold or yellow bed sheets.
- Wear clothing in the colors of yellow, gold, orange or brown.
- Eat yellow, gold and orange colored foods.
- Get out into nature! Lie on your belly on the earth or forest floor and inhale and exhale deeply. Walk barefoot in the sand or grass. Walk on a stone reflexology path.
- Burn aloeswood incense.
- Drink pu’erh tea.
- Hang stone wind chimes.
- Chant or sing.
- Hold jade over a place on your body that needs healing.
- Take an Epsom salt foot bath before going to bed.
- Get a foot massage. Rub pure organic essential oil of pine onto the soles of your feet.
- Make sure to take time to nurture yourself.
- See your acupuncturist to balance your spleen, stomach and digestion.
Gwynne Allyn Warner is the founder of 10,000 Blessings Feng Shui and practices Black Sect Tantric Buddhist Feng Shui as a disciple of Grandmaster Professor Lin Yun. She was certified as an Advanced Feng Shui Consultant by Helen and James Jay of Feng Shui Designs. Gwynne began her studies in Buddhism in her early twenties while living in London where she became enamored with Kuan Yin and thereafter received her Bodhisattva Vows with His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Her expertise has been treasured by creative small businesses, service professionals, performing artists, Chinese medicine practitioners, healers, and interior designers among others. For more information and to sign up for her newsletter, please visit her website.
2018 Calendars Now Shipping